As we know, aspirin belongs a kind anti-clotting and anti-inflammatory medicines. Sometimes it’s also used for relieving pain that we called pain reliever. In addition, it is also used for relieving temporarily, and people who is suffering cardiovascular take this drug under doctors’ prescription. By reading this article, you may know its working principle and the correct way of using.
Aspirin is famous of salicylic acid, a kind of medications help with reducing feverish, painful and inflammatory substances in human body. Usually doctor prescribes this medication to treat moderate pain, and meanwhile use it to reduce feverish or inflammatory symptoms. Sometimes in order to help with preventing stroke, heart attacks or angina, doctor will take action of aspirin. Under your doctor supervision, you only can take it for treatment of cardiovascular.
What is the working principle?
As an acetylsalicylic acid, aspirin plays roles of anti-clotting agent, anti-inflammation, pain reliever as well as fever reducer. For patients suffering osteoarthritis, neck pain, lower back pain, nerve pain, flu, migraines, headaches and toothaches etc., specialist doctors usually prescribe it for treatment of above symptoms. If it’s necessary for treatment of symptoms, the medicine also can be used together with other drugs under doctors’ prescription.
As aspirin has anti-clotting function, it can be effective for preventing stroke or heart attack. Especially if people’s life style is not active, or has cholesterol in high, or has blood pressure in high, or they are smoker, or feel stress and obesity and so on, they are generally given aspirin. Different symptoms, the medication will have different effects. For instance, using aspirin to the patients who is experiencing heart attack is able to help with holding back the attack. Using it to the patients who have finished heart operation including carotid artery operation is able to help with recovering from the operation. Using it to the patients who have finished replacing hips is able to help with preventing clotting phenomenon so that the incision can well heal.
You’re not allowed to use aspirin without your doctor’s permission, because it may have conflict with the prescribed medicines you’re taking now. In addition, you’re forbidden to give this drug to other people privately, although their symptoms are similar as yours. Otherwise, aspirin can bring a danger to them.
The correct way of using aspirin
How about the dosage for adult?
The different conditions will decide different dosage for adult. In details, If treating pain, patient should take 325 to 650mg each 4 to 6 hours. You can not take over 4000mg every day except that your doctor’s additional prescription. If treating a kind headache, patient can take 1000mg to treat intractable headache. If treating rheumatoid arthritis and other inflammation, patient should take 975mg aspirin each 4 to 6 hours, even though a high dosage perhaps is prescribed by doctor. If treating rheumatic fever, patient should merely take 80mg per kg according to body weight. The medication should be taken by divided dose during the whole day.
In addition, if taking aspirin for preventing a stroke or heart attack, patient should usually take 80mg to 325mg one time a day. It will be different according to the occurring symptoms. Patient who is experiencing heart attack need to take aspirin as dose of 160 to 162.5mg. At this time, chewing or crushing this drug will be a best way to absorb fast and meanwhile call emergency assistance as soon as possible.
How about dosage for children?
If treating fever, young adults, teenagers even or children should not take aspirin. However the younger can take it for the treatment of pain. In order to prevent potential negative effects, parents should consult with doctors if they want child to use this drug. Under most occasions, according to body weight, children can take it at the dosage of 10 to 15mg per kg. If necessary situations, repeat such dose each 6 hours. Remember not to take over 2400mg every day for children. If given aspirin as kind of anti-inflammatory medicine, according to body weight, children can take 60 to 125mg per kg. The medication should be divided 4 to 6 doses for a whole day. Parents can consult doctor with a proper dose for children if they can not ensure the safe dosage of aspirin.
The aspirin has various forms and brands. Before using, you should read instruction carefully about brand and dose specification so as you can get the intake of dosage. Some people stomach may be irritated due to regular use. They are suggested to use brands with coated aspirin. Such coated drug can not irritate and hurt stomach because it can crush as far as in the intestine. For more details about this medicine, you can visit website at http://www.drugs.com/aspirin.html.
Evaluating the causes of armpit rashes can be helpful for you to treat correctly. Meanwhile you can understand how to prevent the occurrence of the rashes under arms in future days.
As our armpits are very sensitive field in the body, it need be taken more attention in order to avoid unnecessary irritation here. However under some cases, they are easy to be affected. For instance, a rash is easily caused by using perfumes or some deodorants under the arms. Or for the skin that has became very sensitive, its situation generally can be worse due to shave the hair under armpits and will appear small cuts which are easier to be damaged. You can imagine, if there are rashes under your armpits, you will feel uncomfortable and look not good appearance too. So in order to let rashes fade and even not to appear again, identifying and confirming the causes is very important for giving a proper treatment.
What are the common causes and its best treatments of armpit rashes?
Some causes are very common that we need find at first, and then treat rashes with related methods.
- 1) Shaving improperly. Around the world, it’s very commonly to shave the hair under the arms by a razor. But this action is very easy to irritate the skin due to sensitive skin here. The risks of irritation under the arms can be increased especially by using not a new razor. Because more older razor, more duller, then you are forced to shave the hair with more pressure. Thus under such condition, your skin will leave extra cutting. 2) The treating method for this cause, you can follow up below video to get more.
- 1) Chemicals. As the sweat glands are locating under our armpits and easy to bring the smell. Usually people are used to spray perfumes or deodorants including chemical elements in order to hide this kind smell. However if these products are used in excess, our skin here will dry and get irritation. In addition, some people is basically allergic or serious sensitive to the products containing the deodorants, their skin are easy to be irritated. You also can have reaction of allergy and occur rashes of armpits if soaps or detergents include harsh chemicals. 2) The treating method for this cause, you’re suggested to proceed an allergies tests, so that you can find appropriated products without irritating your skin. As deodorants without aluminum element have less damage to the skin, people with sensitive skin can select such products.
- 1) Tight and synthetic clothes. If dressed synthetic clothes, some people will have reaction of allergy. Additionally, if clothes are too tight and bound your armpits tightly, the sweat will stream along your skin, which can lead to make the skin surrounding armpits irritate. 2) The treating method for this cause, try to wear cotton and loose clothes in order to let skin breath well.
- 1) Bad personal hygiene. As armpits generally store the sweat, the skin around this area is easy to be infected. If there don’t have enough air to flow, the bacteria will be living, therefore increase the risks of occurring rashes. 2)The treating method for this cause, be careful to wash your armpits by using anti-bacterial soap. This is a necessary and basic step for preventing infections, because some rashes, inflammatory symptom or foul smell can appear due to infections.
- Caused by some fungal infections. As we above mentioned bacterial infections arose by bad personal hygiene, on the other hand, some infections of fungi also can commonly lead to the armpit rashes. For instance, ringworm is able to affect the armpits, the skin here will feel burned or itching. A bad personal hygiene habits or thicker armpits hair is easy to promote the development of armpits rashes which are already caused by ringworm. Additionally over much sweat also can cause infection of our armpits. 2) The treating method for this cause, if the area in armpits has got infection of fungi, you’re requested to wash there completely. The importance is to keep drying. As anti-fungal cream containing clotrimazole is helpful for eliminating spores, you can use it. In addition, you can see your doctor, he/ she may also prescribe an anti-fungal cream to help clean the infection.
Some additional causes
- Caused by over heat. Sometimes wet and hot atmosphere can cause red bumps occurring in armpits but it’s not painful. Generally we call such rash as a heat rash. In order to prevent heat rash from appearing under such atmosphere conditions, you can spray talcum power under the armpit. If you’ve got a heat rash, topical corticosteroids can be used to reduce uncomfortable feeling.
- Rub. This phenomenon commonly happens on overweight people, because rub between the skin under your armpits will arise the skin being like burning. Moreover the follicles can be infected by constant rub. Try to keep healthy weight and wear loose clothes.
- Follicular inflammation. Clothes rub the armpits skin and thus lead to follicular inflammation.
- Hyperhidrosis. Due to over sweating, on medical it’s called hyperhidrosis. It also can cause rashes under our armpits.
- Caused by dermatitis. It belongs to a skin issue. Any condition causing rashes of other body parts also can infect the armpits at the same time.
- Caused by ichthyosis. Generally over drying and flaking skin cause this kind of disease. Then rashes appear, itching and dis-comfortable.
Home remedies for your reference
If an armpit rash has occurred, you are able to take some actions to relieve symptom at home. Following remedies for your reference:
- For itchy rashes, you can apply ice on rashes so as to reduce itching feeling.
- You can use tea tree oil, vitamin E or aloe vera to daub rashes, as these products can let rashes mitigate.
- Because infections can irritate your skin, try to add vitamin C to avoid them.
- Lemon as a natural deodorant contains citric acid which is able to eliminate the bacteria of the armpits. You can cut a slice lemon and wipe softly under the armpits. Do not use lemon juice immediately after finish shaving.
- The mixture of water and tea tree oil is effective for eliminating the fungus. So you can use cotton ball to daub this mixture under the armpits .
- The mixture of heavy cream and fresh strawberries helps with decreasing a rash visibility as well as relieving irritating symptom. The method is to put 2 fresh strawberries with 1 tablespoon heavy cream, and crush them. And then daub the mixture softly on the area of rashes, notice to keep it stay on the affected surface in 15 min. Finally you can clean out after that time.
- The skin is irritated due to rash under the armpits. You can use the mixture of coconut oil and lavender essential oil so as to be away from such irritation. Firstly you need mix 1 tablespoon lavender essential oil with 10 tablespoon coconut oil. Secondly use a cotton ball to soak into trace amount of the above mixture, soft pat the affected skin. Thirdly remember keep it stay on this area about 10-15 min, or you can wait for liquid drying. Finally use cool water to wash and use clean towel to dry the skin.
If you often suffer a rash or it seemed it can not be removed, under such condition, you have to see your doctor and find out the real causes. These can help you with obtaining proper way to relieve rashes symptom.
Generally weight can lead to some health problems. Particularly people with over weight. So it’s very important to know the ratio of height and weight, so as you can judge whether your lifestyle is healthy or not.
People all over the world are having difficulties in health nowadays. Especially some health issues are connected with weight problems. Thus knowing the ratio of average height and weight will help you with judging whether your lifestyle is healthy or not. You can compare your height and weight data according to below chart. You will know what class your weight is on, such as whether you are over weight, whether you are under weight, as well as whether you are on the criteria range. Additionally you can calculate your BMI called Body Mass Index through online BMI calculator.
|4′ 6″||63 – 77||63 – 77|
|4′ 7″||68 – 84||68 – 83|
|4′ 8″||74 – 90||72 – 88|
|4′ 9″||79 – 97||77 – 94|
|4′ 10″||85 – 103||81 – 99|
|4′ 11″||90 – 110||86 – 105|
|5′ 0″||95 – 117||90 – 110|
|5′ 1″||101 – 123||95 – 116|
|5′ 2″||106 – 130||99 – 121|
|5′ 3″||112 – 136||104 – 127|
|5′ 4″||117 – 143||108 – 132|
|5′ 5″||122 – 150||113 – 138|
|5′ 6″||128 – 156||117 – 143|
|5′ 7″||133 – 163||122 – 149|
|5′ 8″||139 – 169||126 – 154|
|5′ 9″||144 – 176||131 – 160|
|5′ 10″||149 – 183||135 – 165|
|5′ 11″||155 – 189||140 – 171|
|6′ 0″||160 – 196||144 – 176|
|6′ 1″||166 – 202||149 – 182|
|6′ 2″||171 – 209||153 – 187|
|6′ 3″||176 – 216||158 – 193|
|6′ 4″||182 – 222||162 – 198|
|6′ 5″||187 – 229||167 – 204|
|6′ 6″||193 – 235||171 – 209|
|6′ 7″||198 – 242||176 – 215|
|6′ 8″||203 – 249||180 – 220|
|6′ 9″||209 – 255||185 – 226|
|6′ 10″||214 – 262||189 – 231|
|6′ 11″||220 – 268||194 – 237|
|7′ 0″||225 – 275||198 – 242|
This data refers to Rush University Medical Center.
- The athletes have high BMI due to their muscle weight heavy than fat.
- The older have a light BMI around 25%.
Nail polish removers with non-acetone are used more gently and have lower risks on negative effects, so they are not more effective than other remover containing acetone. You need take more time to check the suitable removers within your demands.
Since there is nail polish to decorate your nails, a kind of remover needs to be used for removing it. There are two kinds of nail polish removers. One is made from natural ingredients containing acetone, the other one is totally acetone based. The nail polish is made of pigments, plasticizers as well as resins, which can be dissolved by above two kinds of removers so that the polish can be wiped away easily. The most effective chemical to remove it is acetone, however it is harmful to the health because it produces toxic fumes and ingredient. If you often dress nail polish, try to choose more natural removers for your nails health.
About Acetone Remover
Acetone is functional for softening nail polish and gluing false nails, so it is a basic ingredient of the remover. It is more cheaper and effective than the other one as a natural solvent. The most famous part of acetone is strong aroma which can evaporate fast and make nails cool. But it can not be used frequently as a matter of fact that acetone has some side effects including striping natural oils of nails, removing the infected cuticles and nails as well as make the skin drying.
Acetone is a body fat broken down naturally from trees. Besides its sources are from the nature, it’s easy to be produced. Generally plastic, cleaning supplies and paint thinners are including this ingredient. Contacting a small quantity of acetone is safe, but contacting a great deal is very dangerous. The liver can be damaged if a person digests a great deal of acetone. Its fumes can bring some side phenomenons such as coma, lung irritation, eye irritation and dizziness. Some studies have indicated that this substance can lead to animals’ birth defects, however still no exact results on its long term effects to human.
If polish removal is not frequent, generally use acetone nail polish remover. It can remove harder no-chip manicures and shellac. In addition, this remover is helpful in removing dark polishes which make nails stained.
About Non-acetone Remover
Ingredients of the nonacetone remover may consist of various materials such as ethyl acetate, propylene carbonate or isopropyl alcohol. In order to reduce drying effects, some removers have added glycerin, panthenol or soy. These solvents can be used for hands.
Though these ingredients are more gentle and safer than the polish removal with acetone, they are not effective as good as acetone-based removers. Getting rid of polishes especially with shellac based manicures or dark pigments need spend more time and make hard efforts. Generally person with sensitive nails or skin is suggested to use these removers. If person often use light colored polish or not frequent to decorate nail polish, he will not pay attention to frustrating remove when he eliminates polish quickly and effectively. For person preferring such kinds of polish removers, some more organic or natural removers with non-acetone will be an ideal choice.
Comparison Between Acetone and Non-acetone
The most effective method to get rid of polish is to select acetone removers, particularly for dark polish or preventing chipping. But frequent using such removers are very bad for your hands and bring risks to your other health problems, especially inhaling their fumes for a long time.
Although the removers with non-acetone need spend more time on getting rid of nail polishes, they can be helpful for maintaining your nail health and skin. Adverse effects can be avoided if you moisturize your nails after you remove polishes.
A pinched nerve in neck consists of a pinched nerve that is located in any part of the neck. When a nerve becomes compressed or takes on too much pressure it can lead to a pinched nerve. This can cause discomfort, pain, and restrict functioning. While the pain may not be incredibly severe it is definitely at least very discomforting and is likely an obstruction to your daily comfort and routine. If you are experiencing a pinched nerve in neck it is important to treat it properly and avoid further aggravating it. Keep in mind that you will want to know what caused you to have a pinched nerve in your neck as well so you can minimize the chances of it recurring.
Causes of Pinched Nerve in Neck
There are many different possible causes of a pinched nerve in neck. Something as simple as turning the wrong way, sleeping at a bad angle, or overstretching a muscle could lead to a pinched nerve in the neck. In many cases it is something that is rather harmless that has caused the pinched nerve to occur. Overexerting a muscle, using improper form, and injuring yourself at the gym or during heavy labor are very common reasons for a pinched nerve. There are some serious causes of pinched nerve in neck as well though such as arthritis, spinal stenosis, generative disc disease, and a herniated disc which can sit on the nerve and cause excess pressure which leads to a pinched nerve. Any injury to the neck such as whiplash could easily lead to a pinched nerve as well.
If you are experiencing a pinched nerve in neck then you will want to consider what may have caused it. If you are unsure of the cause then you should consider any other symptoms that are experienced and see if you can find a likely candidate. It would be a good idea to speak with your doctor about the neck pain in case it is caused by a serious underlying medical problem.
In most cases of a pinched nerve there is a pretty obvious reason behind it. For example, if you performed an exercise at the gym and executed the motion poorly then it could easily cause you to pinch a nerve. If there are any possible direct causes of the pinched nerve that you can think of which occurred just before the pain symptoms showed up then that is likely the cause. If you have a condition which is known to cause a pinched nerve in neck then there is a good chance that it is the cause of it. Again, if there is no minor cause that you can detect to have caused the pinched nerve in your neck then you will want to get your doctor to check it out in case it is a serious issue that is to blame.
Symptoms of Pinched Nerve in Neck
A pinched nerve in neck can have many different symptoms. The obvious symptoms of this would be the pain feeling. A constant pressure pain to the affected area is typical when you have a pinched nerve in the neck. There may be a tingly or numb feeling to the nerve and affected are as well. You may also feel weakness of the neck and muscles in the same area. If you were to cough or sneeze then the severity of the symptoms would likely worsen temporarily. While the symptoms formulate in the neck area they may travel as far as to your fingers if the nerve is badly pinched. Some other possible symptoms include muscle spasms, headaches, and more.
There may be other symptoms that are experienced aside from the common symptoms of pinched nerve in neck. The other symptoms that may be experienced are symptoms would be any symptoms of the cause of the pinched nerve. For example, if the pinched nerve is the result of arthritis then there would be symptoms such as fatigue, loss of appetite, joint pain and swelling, and much more. You will want to figure out what is causing your pinched nerve if you have determined that your neck pain is the result of a pinched nerve. If there is a more serious underlying medical problem then it will need to be addressed with the proper treatment as well.
Pinched Nerve in Neck Treatment
When looking into pinched nerve in neck treatment you will want to consider what exactly you are treating. If you just want to treat the symptoms of the pinched nerve in neck then the treatment methods are pretty simple. To treat the pinched nerve pain you can use various treatment methods such as hot and cold techniques, pain relief medication, anti-inflammatory medication, yoga, exercise, acupuncture, acupressure, and definitely get some rest. Not only should you try to treat the issue but you should minimize any pressure on the area and prevent anything (such as a bad pillow) from aggravating it more.
Generally, pinched nerve in neck treatments only address the symptoms of the pinched nerve and not the actual pinched nerve or the cause of it. This is fine if the pinched nerve will go away on its own. However, if the pinched nerve is the result of a back or neck problem then it could require a more severe treatment method. Surgery may even be required in the more serious cases. Corticosteroid and physical rehabilitation therapy are sometimes used to treat severe pinched nerves. Ultimately, the appropriate treatment for your pinched nerve will depend on how bad it is pinched and the cause of the pinched nerve. You should speak with your doctor to find out what the appropriate treatment method is for you.
A pinched nerve in neck could have a serious affect on your daily life. The discomfort that this causes could make just being awake or trying to sleep a complete chore. There are many ways that you can relieve less severe pinched nerve pain. However, it is important that you diagnose the pinched nerve and find out the cause of it as there may be a more serious medical problem that should be treated to prevent the pinched nerve from recurring. Ultimately, a pinched nerve in neck is something which may be alleviated with rest and conservative treatment methods but you should speak with your doctor about the issue to make the proper diagnosis and choose the right method of treatment.
Health information sites here:
Medical site webmd: http://webmd.com